Friday, September 19, 2008

Home sweet home

After 26 days in the hospital, I finally made it home today. Trav came straight from his Reno trip to pick me up. Yes, that means that he picked me up from the hospital in the semi truck...trailer unattached, of course. My nurse thought that was the coolest thing ever. She had to climb inside for a minute and check out the truck. I was just lucky that I was able to get up into the truck after not climbing so much as a stair in 4 weeks.

It was the strangest feeling when Trav drove me home from IMC...almost like I was escaping from prison or something! The fresh air is intoxicating. It is so nice to sit in my own recliner and be in my own environment, but I have to admit that it is going to be hard not to do anything around here. There is stuff (dishes, papers, hospital belongings bags) everywhere! Oh well. I just have to ignore it, right? Whatever I can do to buy this baby girl more time.

A huge thanks to all of you who came to visit me in the hospital and for all of the treats, lunches, flowers, and gifts you brought me. I have the best friends! I hope that there will be no big exciting announcements for a few weeks, but I will continue to update after my NST's and Dr. appts which will be on Tuesdays and Fridays.

4 comments:

amber and james said...

Jami-
Congrats.! I hope you do what you're told and rest! It is so weird to leave the hospital, I remember that feeling. I wanted to come visit you there! I do want to see your girlie when she is born. Averi and I are planning on visiting you! Good luck!
Amber

Kara said...

I can't believe you have been there for 26 days. I am glad that you are home and that your little one is still cooking! Good Luck!

eric and erika said...

Yea! Theres no place like home!! Thats great! If you ever need ANYTHING...Im just a phone call away! Love ya
Erika

shuggy said...

i'm so glad you are home safe and sound, still pregnant!!!