Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Apparently I'm having a baby...

After a few days at home with stable blood pressures, I went in for my NST today. Everything looked great...except for my blood pressures. The diastolic (the lower number) was over 100 throughout the NST. So I got another admission ticket to labor and delivery...this time to have a baby. Probably a good thing...when I got to labor and delivery my blood pressure was 174/113. So I got an IV and I'm back on my favorite med magnesium and some IV labetolol. They are inducing me with Cytotec tonight, which is a medication that ripens the cervix, and as soon as that has a chance to work its magic they will start Pitocin (probably tomorrow morning) and break my water. So Trav and I will probably have a baby some time tomorrow! From talking to Dr. Gravelle, she will go straight to the NICU. Whether it is for 2 days or a few weeks, well, we will have to see.

I might not be able to update until after the baby is born, since I am already in a little bit of a magnesium fog. I will try to let everyone know what is going on as soon as I can! Again, thanks for all of your love and support. This has been quite a ride.

7 comments:

Jd & Katie said...

I am so excited for you good luck with everything!!!

Horton Bunch said...

Jamie! Good luck girl! I'll be thinking about you all day!

talesofanurse said...

Good luck! You will be in my prayers that all will go well. Everything will be good, I know it!

amber and james said...

Good luck! We will be praying for all of you!

Amie said...

How exciting! Best of luck to you, your husband and your sweet little baby! I'm sure everything will go well. My thoughts will be with you!

eric and erika said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope all goes well. Looking forward to the next update. Please call if you need anything!

shuggy said...

how did i miss this? i hope all is well...i'm off to call you!