Friday, November 13, 2009

Celebrate Life...and Donate!

Today marks the 7 year anniversary of my little friend Markelle's small bowel transplant. Although she is no longer here to celebrate with us, that transplant allowed Markelle to share an additional three years of her amazing life here on this earth. The amount of people she touched in her short 10 years of life is simply incredible. I, for one, have never been the same since I met that vibrant, spunky little thing almost 10 years ago. I miss you, Rae-Rae!

Markelle Rae Frei 1995-2006

Markelle's aunt posted a great tribute to Markelle and the value of organ donation. Click here to read her post. Please take a moment today to celebrate life and the life of both organ donors and organ recipients. Please share with your loved ones the value of organ donation - it really can change lives!

No comments: