Trav took the day off of work for his birthday, so we headed out for a fun family day. We visited one of Anna's favorite places (Cabela's!) and let her run around and play. She loves that place...the fresh water fish aquarium, the animal statues, and especially the tents set up in the camping department. We grabbed a quick lunch there in the little cafe, discovering a few very delicious spices in the process (Maple Jalapeno seasoning? Yes please! I think I will put this on everything I cook!).
After Cabela's, we headed across the freeway to Thanksgiving Point to enjoy the beautiful Tulip Festival in full swing. All I can say is that I wish I could afford to hire the groundskeepers there. For those of you who have never been to Thanksgiving Point, GO! You will see acre upon acre of absolutely gorgeous flowers, landscaping, and water features.
This is the hill that you see as you walk into the main gardens of Thanksgiving Point.
Anna rolled down this hill about 7 times (and thus had to walk herself back up). The hill is rather steep, so I'm sure it wore her out to walk up each time.
Daddy helping Anna see the impressive waterfalls.
$20 to whoever can tell me what these yellow flowers are. Are they a variety of tulip? Gorgeous and unique!
Anna called this her "castle tower".
Can you see why?
Riding on Daddy's shoulders.
She was a little terrified...she kept grabbing onto Trav's head thinking she was falling.
There is a pond complete with a few ducks and lots of fish.
We stopped to feed those crazy fish...no wonder they are so huge!
Watching the fish
Skipping rocks onto the pond
Everything is just lovely! Why can't my yard look like that?
Oh, yeah...that involves yard work.
Tulips as far as the eyes can see!
Stopping to pose for one last picture by the tulips.
Although she was completely exhausted after our 3 hour adventure at Thanksgiving Point, we managed to keep Anna awake in the car long enough to get to Marble Slab Creamery, where she enjoyed an ice cream cone as big as she is.
What a fun day! Happy birthday, Trav!
1 comment:
Beautiful pictures! Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment