Saturday, October 4, 2008

My first hoodie!

My friend Michelle brought me a gift when I was first hospitalized, but since I made it all the way to 34 weeks, I was a little afraid that I would never get to use it. She gave me a darling preemie outfit consisting of a purple hoodie and pants. Although Anna weighs only 4 pounds 4 ounces right now, she is long, and preemie outfits won't fit her for very much longer! Anyway, for those of you who know me well, you know that I live in hoodies all winter long. My favorite article of clothing!! Today I went into the NICU (sporting my first hoodie of the season since it was rainy and cold all day) only to find that the nurse had dressed Anna in her hoodie outfit! It was so adorable that she took Anna off the monitors and paraded her around the nursing desk, showing her off. I have to admit that I couldn't get enough pictures of the outfit. She looked so cute! Look at this pose...priceless!
Anna is doing very well, getting closer and closer every day to coming home. She is breastfeeding a little better, and getting more energy to take a bottle. As soon as she is taking all of her feeds by mouth (breastfeeding or bottle) she can come home!

Laci (my sister in law) came with me today and captured my favorite picture of Anna and I so far...a stolen momma and daughter moment. Anna had her arm draped around my shoulder and was snuggling into my chin. How can you love someone so much so quickly?? I am constantly amazed...

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, she is so tiny and perfect!! I love the purple hoodie. And the Picture of you two is so precious. It is amazing how much you love them!!
I am so happy Anna is getting close to coming home!

Lindsay said...

She is so cute, and you look so at peace. Isn't it amazing that you can honestly have so much emotion for someone instantly. It continues to amaze me with Avah, it is possible to love her more every second. You wait...

Mary said...

She is so precious. You and Travis have done a great job. The hoodie is adorable and she looks so cute in purple. We had a three week old baby here all weekend and I do believe they are mesmorizing. She weighed 6 lbs and was so tiny, I can't imagine Anna. Keep up the good work mom.

Jd & Katie said...

What a little cutie!! I love that your nurse put her in her hoodie outfit thats awesome. I love the pic with the two of you so cute!!

Heidi said...

I love that picture of you two together! I'm glad she's doing so well!!

eric and erika said...

Ohh Jami...she is so adorable!! I love that pic of you two together! The connection between a mamma and her baby is amazing huh!!! You love them so much you feel like your heart is going to explode! Im glad she is doing so well.

Amie said...

What a doll! That pose is pricless! She looks like she is doing really well. You look really good too. I love to hear new moms talk about being so emotionally involved right from the start. Its amazing how much you love them, huh? And you never fully understand until you are a parent yourself. Congrats! She is adorable!