Monday, October 1, 2007

A busy but great weekend!!

So I woke up Saturday to a COLD house and pouring rain outside. I hustled to get ready for Michelle's Stampin' Up party that I was demonstrating. I drove down to her absolutely beautiful home (all decorated for Halloween, of course!), again in the pouring rain. The party was a lot of fun, although no one bothered to come except for Michelle's mom and sisters. Oh well...there was more room for the rest of us to scrapbook, right?? Then I had to drive home in the rain, or so I thought. Oh no, this time it was snow that I was driving in. Well, it was more like sleet. Anyway, I finally made it home and my cute husband had the house all snuggly warm with both of our wood-burning fireplaces lit. Yea!! Our first fire of the season! I didn't get to snuggle very long, though. Trav had torn apart the back bedroom, moving the bed, taking furniture to the D.I. and tearing off paneling. A moment of silence for the blue bedroom-blue walls, blue wallpaper, blue ceiling, blue carpet, even blue trim...oh, who am I kidding...I won't miss ANY of it!. (P.S. This is the bedroom that is going to be used for a future nursery...does this mean my husband has finally given in to the idea??) So...the rest of the day Saturday and Sunday were spent stripping wallpaper, sanding the walls and ceiling, painting, and putting new paneling up. Whew!! We did a lot of work. I still need to paint the cute green color I chose for the walls, but I have to wait for the ceiling to dry. Maybe Tuesday night...
So now I am going to shower, read Twilight for a while (which I highly recommend) and go to bed. Good night!!

No comments: