One upon a time, in a single day, my little baby decided to grow up. She decided to poop in the potty, she decided to be a big girl at her first swimming lesson with no tears, and she decided to play in the Playland at Smith's Marketplace, again with no tears.
I'm not sure if I am ready for this big girl of mine.
Anna has been potty trained since last summer, but whenever she needs to poop, she would go get a pull-up, put it on, do her business, and then tell me she needed to be changed. She REFUSED, no matter what I tried, to go on the toilet. One day last month, while I was at work and Trav was out working in the yard, she ran inside the house and used the toilet to do her business all on her own. Once she made up her mind, there was no going back! She has also remained dry at night, so we are now completely pull-up free! I'm so proud of her!
Now that she is fully potty trained, we decided to give Swim Kids a try. I was inspired by a video that my friend Mandy posted of her little one Evelynn jumping off the diving board and actually swimming. She is the same age as Anna! Group swimming lessons last summer did very little for my stubborn child, so maybe these private lessons would be better for her. They are expensive, but will be worth every penny if she will learn survival skills and proper swim techniques at a young age. I was a little terrified that Anna would scream throughout the entire first lesson, but she did great! She wanted to get back in after the lesson was over. Check it out...floating on her back by herself!
Later that day we went grocery shopping at Smith's Marketplace. We passed the Playland and there was one little boy playing in there with the attendant. Anna asked if she could go play. Skeptical, I asked her if she was sure. (The last time she wanted to play, I took the time to fill out all of the paperwork, we both had our bracelets placed, and then she screamed the minute I walked away. I had to go back to get her almost immediately.) She nodded yes, so I filled out the paperwork once again.
This time, she pranced into the Playland, turned around, and said "Goodbye Mommy!"
I think I was the one in tears as I walked away.
Why do they have to grow up so fast?
1 comment:
Oh man! My little bugaboo is growing too fast! Like Cody said, you're a nurse-figure out a way to slow down this growing of hers until we see her again. :) Love that kid!
Post a Comment