Tonight while going through my work bag, Anna discovered my stethoscope. Although she has seen one before, it has been awhile. I'm sure it is no surprise that the first thing she asked me was
"How does this work?"
I showed her how to put the stethoscope in her ears and then placed the bell on my chest.
"I listen to mommy's heart," she said.
I had never mentioned that it was my heart she was listening to. She figured that one out all on her own.
For the next 2 hours, we played Anna's 2 year old version of "Doctor". It went down a little bit like this:
Anna asked me to lay down on my belly.
Then she would say in a soft voice,
"Oh, what's the matter? I listen to your heart."
She would then "listen" with the stethoscope on my back.
"Oh, what's the matter? I listen to your heart."
She would then "listen" with the stethoscope on my back.
She pretended to give me some medicine.
Then she would start serenading me with a very soft lullaby,
usually one she made up on the spot.
usually one she made up on the spot.
When she was done, she touched my cheek and with the
most tender voice would ask
most tender voice would ask
"You feel much better?"
The whole process repeated multiple times.
The whole process repeated multiple times.
Maybe my little one will follow in my footsteps one day. She's off to a good start!
2 comments:
I hope she does! Tender heart... love you both
That is the sweetest moment. What a tender little heart she has!
Post a Comment