Anna's favorite song is "Old MacDonald Had a Farm". She knows all the words and sings it (with almost perfect pitch, I might add) about 18 times a day. In times when she is cranky or whiny, I can usually turn her mood around by singing that song. So for her birthday this year, we decided (after some needed guidance from my cute friend Mandy) to have an Old MacDonald birthday party. E-I-E-I-O!
For those of you who know me, I usually go all out when planning a party. I handmade the invitations, the centerpieces, the banner, the bows for the gift sacks, and even Anna's hair bows (she had to have matching bows!). I searched for hours online and in party and craft stores to get ideas for the invitations, decorations, balloons, etc. The invitation idea actually came easily to me, and although they were a little time consuming (cutting out the animals was the worst!), I think they turned out really cute!
 |
The front of the invitation
 |
| The inside of the invitation |
|
|
 |
| The gift sacks for the kids |
 |
| The cute cake that my friend Melissa made from work. Isn't she talented? |
 |
| I have to admit I spent a few hours on this banner. Get used to red, black and white parties, Anna...you will be seeing this again! |
 |
| The E-I-E-I-O centerpieces |
 |
| Callie Sue...one of the four reasons that my child is obsessed with horses. She loves Grandma's horsies! We were going to saddle up KC for the kids to ride, but I think that was a little overwhelming for Joyce (not to mention the horses!). |
 |
| My little party animal...reading a book while the guests played in the barn. |
 |
| And another book...her favorite! |
 |
| Anna and her little friend Evelynn |
 |
| Waiting patiently to open gifts. |
 |
| This is about the only gift she opened. She lost interest quickly. |
 |
| Who needs gifts? She was perfectly content with tissue paper. |
 |
| The whole crew (watching me open Anna's gifts). |
 |
| Buppa helping Anna onto her horse. |
 |
| Her favorite gift from Gram and Papa Newman. She hasn't stopped playing with it! |
 |
| Hanging with Grandma Laurie. |
 |
| My cute grandparents...Bucka and GeeGee. |
 |
| Singing Happy Birthday to herself...and clapping at the end! |
 |
| Blowing out the candle in one shot! |
 |
| Enjoying a little cake and ice cream on her new picnic table (with her new Cookie Monster that sings "Old Macdonald"). |
 |
| Brylee loved the red cupcake! |
 |
| My cute birthday girl. |
 |
| "Messy...Mommy clean it?" |
 |
| Oh, how I love this girl and her juicy kisses! |
 |
| The 4 babies only 15 days apart...Evelynn, Brylee, Zander and Anna |
 |
| We loaded all the kids onto the hay bales and had them sing Old MacDonald. Provided a few good photos! |
 |
| Spoiled much? Where am I going to put all of this stuff? She also got a slide that we couldn't fit in this picture...I'd say she is entertained until Christmas! |
Here is a quick video clip of the kids singing Old MacDonald. Anna was dancing, Brylee was crying, the adults were all singing about different animals, and the paparazzi cameras were hard at work. It was actually quite hilarious!
A special thanks goes out to my mother-in-law Joyce and my father-in-law Charlie, who let us have the party out at their barn. They did a lot of work cleaning it up and getting it ready for us!
Anna, I hope you had a great time at your birthday party. I had so much fun planning the party, and although the house is a mess, and I am still exhausted from the prep work and the clean up, I want you to know that you are worth every minute. Thanks for making me laugh and sing with you everyday. I love you!
3 comments:
Good for you! Anna is so adorable, I look at her and I am reminded of how badly I want a girl someday!
So cute! All i can say is that you definitely overdo yourself. If I ever have kids, I might say that they will be lucky for a cake. :) haha, Way to go Jami!
Oh my, I am so overwhelmed and excited for all of the fun ideas! What a fun mom u r! Soo cute!
Post a Comment