Anna looking all cute to go to grandma's...I can't have it any other way.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Mother's Day weekend
I was able to take Anna and head up to Logan for a Mother's Day weekend with my mom. The first family barbecue of the season! The weather finally cooperated and we had a great time! I wish more of my extended family could have been there, but I loved seeing my family that came.
Anna looking all cute to go to grandma's...I can't have it any other way.
My aunt Steph and two of her cute granddaughters...my cousin Lacie's girls Annabelle and Amelia (whom they are calling Millie).
My brother, his cute wife Laci, and their dog Vega.
Bucka and GeeGee (my dad's parents)
Millie is an adorable baby. She was so mellow and calm at 5 weeks old that she looked like a doll!
While I was indoors taking pictures of this cute baby, we had a minor medical fiasco...Anna tumbled down the deck stairs outside, began screaming, and then almost immediately starting puking all over herself and my mom. My brother came inside to get me. Everyone was worried that she had concussion because of the vomiting, but she tends to do that when she gets really upset and cries hard. I immediately turned into "pediatric nurse" mode...her pupils were equal and reactive, she moved everything well, walked okay, etc. She calmed down and stopped puking when we distracted her, and she just had a little bump on each side of her forehead and a scraped up nose. My grandma was so funny, though...she reminded me as she was leaving to not let her sleep too much if she did have a concussion. Then she began laughing as she realized she was talking to a pediatric ICU nurse. ;-) We have been really lucky with Anna...she hasn't really had too many toddler tumbles or injuries, and I think that this one just scared her. Here is the aftermath...
Because of the puking, Anna got to run around naked for the rest of the evening. Wrapped up in a blankie swinging with my mom and Vega.
My brothers Cody and Justin let me interrupt the Jazz game for a moment for a photo op.
Anna loves Vega. She calls her "Soggy" for some unknown reason. She can say doggie just fine, so that's not it. There are just some words she can't say, so she makes up a word. Soggy it is.
The boys were watching the Jazz game, so my mom set up this little space so that Anna could watch her new favorite movie Annie. She's just a little obsessed with this movie.
Playing the piano with uncle JJ.
Three generations! Happy Mother's Day, mom. I love you!
Anna looking all cute to go to grandma's...I can't have it any other way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i love the last shot of your mom, anna and u! I thought bout how i SHOULD have gotten a pic of you 3 together when you were down!
Not that I wish any bad on anyone's kids, especially people I know, but it is about time someone other than me had a trauma with their children. Sorry she fell and got hurt, but it looks like she recovered well!
the part about the tumble down the stairs is hilarious and sad at the same time! glad she is ok!!
Post a Comment