Happy Mother's Day! Sorry this is a few days late, but in my defense, I wasn't home all weekend. On Saturday, my cute aunt Nancy had a Mother's Day luncheon for my grandma, aunts and cousins. I always look forward to any gathering that the Reese girls plan. Beautiful table settings, fancy little sandwiches, grapefruit and avocado salad (that was divine...I never would have thought to put those two together!), a selection of cookies, cupcakes, and creme brulee. Calories, shmalories, right?? Here are a few of the pictures from Saturday's festivities. (I had to borrow a few from my cousin since my camera battery died...thanks, Randi!)

The tables were so fancy! Who knew a relief society room could look like this?

Strawberry topiaries...with a glorious dip in the "pot".

The "Reese" clan: Grandma Bonnie, Nancy, cute little Ruth, Randi, Ashlie, Whitley, and Shawn

The "Thomas" clan: Steph, Amy, grandma Bonnie, Amber, Lacie, and Annabelle. (I absolutely LOVE Belle's pose expression in this picture! Hilarious!)

The "John" clan: Laci, Anna, me, my cute mom Laurie, and grandma Bonnie

My mom and Nancy schemed to give Anna her first dum-dum sucker...naughty, extremely messy and sticky, but very cute! She loved it...until we took it away. Wow, what a scream!

My mom took Anna up to Logan after the luncheon on Saturday, so on Sunday, I headed up to Logan to spend some time with my mom and my baby. My first Mother's Day was spent hanging out with family and playing with Anna. I even got to go on a 4 wheeler ride on my mom's fancy new 4 wheeler that she got for Mother's Day. What a fun day!

Here is my dad hanging out with Anna on the porch swing.
To my mother -in-law-
I want to thank you for all that you have done for me in the past year. You have really been there for Trav and I through the trials that life has thrown at us. Thank you for always being so pleasant about helping out with Anna. You are an amazing woman! I am so lucky to have you in my life!
To my mom-
This year Mother's Day is different. I have a new appreciation for what you had to go through and the sacrifices you had to make to raise 4 successful, intelligent children. I now appreciate how hard and how rewarding a mother's job is...something you can't possibly explain to someone who is not a mother. I want to emulate your caring nature, your love for fun and adventure, your ambition, and your ability to turn your house into a very immaculate but cozy home. I love you for sharing with me an unconditional love of children...something that has not only allowed me to become a good pediatric nurse, but will help me be a better mother. I love the fact that you love Anna just as much as I do, and that you are willing (ok, begging) to take care of her whenever I need you to. I appreciate everything you have done for me, especially in the last tumultuous year. I don't know where I would be without you. I love you! Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment