Saturday, April 12, 2008

Way to go, UTES!!

It's official! The University of Utah gymnastics team won their regional meet tonight, which means that I DO get to go to Georgia to see them compete at Nationals April 24-26. For those of you who don't know, I am a HUGE Utah gymnastics fan, and there is a group of us that go to NCAA nationals every year. We have had our plane tickets and hotel booked for a while, so if the Utes didn't make it, I would cry. I really didn't think there would be any problems, but you never know...UCLA was upset a few years ago and watched nationals from the stands. The Utes scored a 196.95 tonight, and Ashley Postell won 4 titles (all-around, uneven bars, beam, and floor) to send her right into the record books. Congratulations to the Utes...I'm off to Georgia in 11 days!!!

No comments: